About the Valley of Heart’s Delight
“The Valley of Heart’s Delight” was the way in which Santa Clara County, home to San Jose and now Silicon Valley, was once described. For those of us who grew up climbing trees in the orchards, and who grow a few fruit trees in their own yards, it still is the Valley of Heart’s Delight. This valley was once famous for wheat, later for grapevines, citrus, nuts, cherry trees, and fruits of all kinds. Hints of the valley’s past are everywhere to be found.
On this website, we will focus on Los Gatos and nearby areas such as Saratoga, Campbell, Monte Sereno, Cupertino, the San Jose areas of Almaden, Cambrian, and Willow Glen, and adjacent communities throughout Santa Clara County.
Please also visit The Valley of Hearts Delight Blog for the latest market reports, area information, photos, tips, bits of history and more for Silicon Valley, San Jose, Los Gatos, Cambrian Park, Almaden Valley, Monte Sereno and Saratoga real estate and homes for sale!
- Truth - One of the most powerful tools in real estate is the truth. It can be surprisingly unpopular, though, as some home sellers and home buyers may not want to hear it or to tell the whole truth as required by law (and that may apply to their real estate agents as well). Listing agents and […]
- What Is A Plat Map, And What Can You Learn From It? - An explanation of how to read & understand a plat map, and why it matters.
- The Villages - Nestled in the rolling foothills of San Jose’s southeastern Evergreen area is a hidden gem known simply as the Villages. As you drive up to the secured entrance, you’ll spot a sign: The Villages a Country Club Community. They take that claim to heart. A gated, community-oriented neighborhood centered around numerous country club amenities creates […]
- Writing an offer - Writing an offer on a home for sale takes time in Silicon Valley because here we front load a lot of the work, while in other areas, more is done in escrow or once the buyer is in contract. Buyers and sellers do more in advance here For instance, here it’s normal for buyers to […]
- 8865 Wine Valley Circle San Jose - 8865 Wine Valley Circle, San Jose, is a wonderful home for sale (my listing) in The Villages Golf & Country Club, a 55+ community. This detached, single story house provides 2 bedrooms plus den or home office, 2.5 bathrooms, living-dining areas plus a family room open to the nook and island kitchen. Built in 1997, […]
- Five Things NOT To Do When Pricing Your Silicon Valley Home to Sell - Pricing is the most important element of "marketing a home for sale" that sellers and their agents do and over-pricing is the #1 reason why some homes don't sell. Here's a quick list of the most common pricing errors which Silicon Valley home sellers should avoid because they often lead to overpricing:
- Understand the Pros and Cons of Homeowners Associations in Silicon Valley - Pros and cons to living in an HOA.
This Silicon Valley Real Estate Website is provided to you by me, Mary Pope-Handy, a veteran Realtor, with Sereno Group in Los Gatos. No website, though, can give you precise advice or an expert opinion (not even this one!), so there are plenty of ways to contact me. I dislike pushy sales people as much as you do and always put my client’s best interests first.
Realtor, CRS, CIPS, ABR, SRES
CA DRE # 01153805
Los Gatos Office
214 Los Gatos Saratoga Rd
Los Gatos, CA 95030
408 335-1400 office
408 204-7673 cell