Mary Pope-Handy, Realtor:
Professional Real Estate Memberships
In addition to being a licensed real estate sales person in the state of California since February 1993, I belong to a number of voluntary organizations which promote the highest standards of practice and ongoing education.
- The Silicon Valley Association of REALTORS®
- The California Association of REALTORS®
- The National Association of REALTORS®
Additionally, I have a number of additional memberships which are attached to my various real estate designations. All of these have required extra education above and beyond the standard real estate classes or mandatory “continuing education” required for license renewal:
- The Council of Residential Specialists (the group for the CRS Designation), now called Residential Real Estate Council
- The Real Estate Buyers Agency Council, or REBAC (the group for the ABR designation)
- plus associations affiiated with my certifications and designations, which are listed below.
Designations & Certifications
National Association of Realtors designations or certifications:
ABR Designation – Accredited Buyer’s Representative
AHWD At Home with Diversity Certification
CRS Designation – Certified Residential Specialist
CIPS – Certified International Property Specialist
E-Pro Certification – Internet Marketing Specialist
SRES Designation – Seniors Real Estate Specialist
Additionally, I hold a negotiation certificate from Stanford University:
6(XINE260) course – Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate program (2015)
Like me, Clair is also an education junkie. She currently holds the National Association of Realtors GREEN Designation and is an active member of the GRC – GREEN REsource Council.