302 S 14th Street, San Jose, California 95112
House Sold - Naglee Park CA
Beautiful Mediterranean Gem in Historic Naglee Park Area of San Jose
Sale pending on November 12, 2012 – 6 days on the market! Now closed for $1,050,000 As Is.
Exquisite 1921 Mediterranean Colonial Revival style house with red tile roof in the heart of San Jose’s historic Naglee Park neighborhood, designed by noted local architect Ralph Wyckoff and carefully maintained, restored and updated over the years. This is a one of a kind historic home with original hardwood floors, windows, French doors, brass hardware and mouldings throughout. The hardwood floors on the first level, original quartersawn white oak floors, have all been recently refinished.
Ideal for entertaining, this Italian style home features large formal living and dining rooms as well as more intimate spaces, all with a great flow. Many charming extra details including telephone room, formal entrance hall, powder room, linen room, window seat on the landing of the elegant staircase. Follow the sun around the house from the breakfast room to family room to formal living room. Large sunny master bedroom with his-and-her walk-in closets and windows on 3 walls. French doors open from family room and living room to rear yard . Heirloom rosebushes, flower/vegetable beds and mature apple, plum, lemon, lime, mandarin, quince and orange trees in the completely fenced backyard. Ample storage in the basement with wine cupboards, plus workshop/shed attached to the 2-car garage.
• Impressive formal entry hall featuring beautiful wainscoting and offering direct access to living room, dining room, powder room and staircase.
• 3 spacious bedrooms
• 2 office spaces: a “telephone room” downstairs, between living & family rooms, plus a former linen room upstairs, which now serves as a computer room
• 3.5 bathrooms: 2 full baths, 1 powder room (off entry), plus a “tub room” off of breakfast room and a separate toilet room off of the mud room or back porch – which could possibly be combined with the tub room to create one more unified bath
• Formal living room with high ceilings, French doors on 3 sides (one leading to back patio), original Batcheldertiled gas fireplace, classic crown & base, and beautiful wooden floors
• Large formal dining room with bay windows, centrally placed between the foyer, kitchen and family rooms • The kitchen features original custom-built cabinetry and has been tastefully updated with slab granite, central island, and modern appliances, including a Viking range
• Warm & sunny breakfast room, open to the kitchen
• Family room faces the back yard and offers access onto the tiled patio with Talavera-tiled accents and fountain
• Mature fruit trees: apple, plum, lemon, orange, lime, mandarin, quince
• Original windows and hardware
• Designed by Ralph Wycoff, noted local architect of several city landmarked buildings
• Mediterranean Colonial Revival architecture, influenced by 1915 Pan-Pacific exhibition
• Original architect-designed mouldings and Wainscoting
• Built in 1921
• Basement with wine storage area
• Copper repipe
• Completely enclosed backyard
• Formal Mediterranean landscaping (Italian-style topiary in front)
• Granite, modern appliances, original custom-built cabinetry in kitchen
• Corner lot • 2 car garage • Workshop/shed
• Automatic sprinkler system
• Monitored burglar and fire alarm system including glassbreak and hardwired smoke alarms
• Air conditioning/gas heater
• Inspections done
Want to learn more? Click on the following link to get the history of this beautiful Naglee Park house!
- 3 bed
- 5 bath
- Built 1921
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 6,528 sqft
- Floor Area is 3,100 sqft
- 2 Garage