13841 Ravenwood Dr., Saratoga, Ca 95070
House Sold - CA
Listed at $1,895,000 – sold for $2,000,000 on 3/2/2016 but net to seller was similar to $2,100,000 + as buyer paid many of the fees normally covered by seller, including commissions. It sold on 3/2/2016.
Fantastic Saratoga home for sale with guest cottage!
This exquisitely remodeled and expanded home is set on a large corner lot. It has 4 bedrooms and 2 fully remodeled and one half bathrooms, living and dining areas, a separate family room, laundry room and pantry, and an attached 2-car garage. This energy efficient home features an open floor plan filled with natural light, hardwood floors, high ceilings, recessed lights, double pane windows, crown molding and baseboards. The private backyard includes a covered patio, studio guest cottage with en suite bathroom, salt-based pool and spa, sand box, and fruit trees. Great for entertaining, this house has it all.
- Total living space appx 2349 (per plans), including cottage
- Lot size appx 10,259 (per appraisal)
- Built in 1955. Permitted & finalled expansion of kitchen and entry, addition of new bedroom, upgrades to both full baths completed in 2011
Welcome home! Your first view into this gracious home is of the striking front door, composed of wood, translucent glass and wrought iron. Step inside to the formal entry with its barrel-vaulted ceiling and classic limestone flooring, which is echoed in the laundry and bathrooms, as well. Walk through the foyer to the living areas, with a vista the pool and back yard beyond.
Fantastic KITCHEN expansion includes:
- Slab granite countertops
- Marble tile backsplash
- Custom cabinetry
- Stainless steel appliances, including
- Five Star professional grade gas cooktop and Cavaliere range hood
- KitchenAid fridge with water and ice dispenser
- KitchenAid dishwasher
- Kraus stainless steel farmhouse sink
- Hardwood floors
- Large skylight and two windows
- Recessed lighting and high, coffered ceiling
- Breakfast bar
- Hot water filter
The adjoining LIVING and DINING areas feature coffered ceilings with recessed lighting and hardwood floors. The living room has a skylight, custom display shelves and cabinets, and a large sliding glass door which leads to the stunning back yard. The dining room features a custom made, stained glass window by noted local artist Thomas Kincade.
The FAMILY/MEDIA ROOM has slate flooring, a fireplace, windows and a built in desk.
The LAUNDRY ROOM includes the washer and gas dryer, pantry, half bath, and custom built seating and storage.
BEDROOMS can be found in the private end the house. The first bedroom is located off the living room. It makes an ideal office and/or guest room with its custom cabinetry, built in, queen-sized wall bed, and bay window with additional storage under the bench.
The other three bedrooms are found around the corner, off the hallway, and are separated from the living areas by a clear glass pocket door providing additional privacy and soundproofing. One room enjoys a corner location while the other has a view of the pool and back yard.
The remodeled hallway bathroom boasts floor to ceiling marble tiled walls, skylight, shower over tub with clear glass enclosure, custom-built cabinet with a granite countertop and large Kraus rectangular vessel sink.
Finally, the Master Suite at the end of the hall has beautiful crown molding and baseboard, and an en suite bath. The bathroom also has floor to ceiling marble tiled walls, a skylight, glass enclosed stall shower, and custom-built cabinets.
With a breezy front lawn, beautiful driveway and front walk pavers, landscaping comprising of California native and drought tolerant plants, plus new stucco exterior, this lovely Saratoga home has fantastic curb appeal. Gopher wire hides under the front lawn to protect it from destructive wildlife. Beautiful fruit trees flank the front and left side, including a seedless orange and two Meyer lemon trees.
A 175 sq ft GUEST COTTAGE with en suite bathroom is located in the back yard.
A beautiful, saline-based, natural pebble rock-lined pool and spa are the focus of the back yard. Timer automated, the pool/spa employ solar heat to extend the swim season, while its waterfall feature adds a soothing melody. An outdoor shower, which run hot and cold water are conveniently placed nearby. And plenty of covered patio space makes entertaining easy!
Ravenwood Park, a neighborhood magnet, is diagonally across from this home! The adorable park features a new play set, large sand box, grassy picnic area, and access to the creek and trail.
ENERGY AND WATER CONSERVATION FEATURES
- Dual pane windows (except custom stained glass window in dining room)
- Endless hot water unit with recirculating pump and timer feature
- Energy efficient air conditioning and heating
- Solar electricity for the house
- Solar heating for the pool
- Fully automated irrigation
- Energy efficient pool pump
- Insulation replacement and upgrade throughout attic
- Attic fans
- Wired for internet
- Wireless throughout
- Interior and exterior sound system
- Hardwood and tile floors
- Copper plumbing throughout
- Crown molding, door trim and baseboard throughout
- Attic has pull down ladder
- Four skylights and two sun tunnels
- Electrical upgrades have been made to switching and lighting
- Raised panel doors with new hardware
- Landscape lighting
- Marshall Lane Elementary
- Rolling Hills Middle
- Westmont High
FOR MORE PHOTOS, PLEASE SEE THE VIRTUAL TOUR
Disclosures and inspection reports available online.
- 4 bed
- 2.5 bath
- Built 1955
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 10,259 sqft
- Floor Area is 2,349 sqft
- 2 Garage
- Outdoor Entertaining