Mary Pope-Handy, Realtor:
Professional Real Estate Memberships
In addition to being a licensed real estate sales person in the state of California since February 1993, I belong to a number of voluntary organizations which promote the highest standards of practice and ongoing education.
First, I am a Realtor, meaning that I am a member of the national, state and local associations of Realtors:
- The Silicon Valley Association of REALTORS®
- The California Association of REALTORS®
- The National Association of REALTORS®
Additionally, I have a number of additional memberships which are attached to my various real estate designations. All of these have required extra education above and beyond the standard real estate classes or mandatory “continuing education” required for license renewal:
- The Council of Residential Specialists (the group for the CRS Designation), now called Residential Real Estate Council
- The Real Estate Buyers Agency Council, or REBAC (the group for the ABR designation)
- plus associations affiiated with my certifications and designations, which are listed below.
Designations & Certifications
CIPS – Certified International Property Specialist
SRES Designation – Seniors Real Estate Specialist
ACRE Designation – Accredited Consultant in Real Estate