Mary Pope-Handy: Speaker, Trainer, Panelist
As a former high school teacher (and one-time volunteer DJ at my college, Gonzaga University in Spokane), I enjoy public speaking and do my best to make my presentations fun and memorable. This is true one-on-one with my clients, too, which probably has something to do with my being named “best real estate agent in Silicon Valley” in 2011 by the San Jose Mercury News.
Here’s a list of a few of the times and occasions where I have done real estate training, presenting, speaking, or other public sharing on blogging, social media and real estate related topics, a couple of milestone recognitions of my blogging, and a couple of endorsements.
Not included below: I have also been a guest speaker for several online training sessions (webinars) and have been interviewed on the radio, by phone, dozens of times on the topic of “haunted real estate”, a hobby of mine. Radio personalities tell me that I’m easy to interview and that audiences appreciate my ability to share comfortably on the air.
- 2003 to 2007 – Informal presentations at office meetings on the history of Los Gatos
- 2005 & 2006 – Guest speaker at West Valley College course on “Real Estate Principals” – my topic was disclosures
- 2006 – Led a group training for about 2-3 months on blogging & web marketing at my Intero office in Los Gatos (weekly)
- 2007 – Taught a company wide class on blogging & web marketing to agents at Intero Real Estate at company’s training facility.
- 2007 – Winner of the Project Blogger Contest (with Frances Flynn Thorsen), sponsored by Inman News & Active Rain – nationwide contest – put me in the national spotlight.
- 2008 – Panelist at Silicon Valley Association of Realtors (SILVAR) Los Gatos – Saratoga breakfast meeting – topic: blogging & social media
- 2008 – Panelist at Inman Connect conference on successful blogging strategies
- 2009 – Panelist at Realty World Convention in Pleasanton for Northern California & Nevada Realty World agents. Topic, blogging & social media.
- 2009 – Named in Sellsius Real Estate Blog’s prestigious list of top 12 Women Real Estate Bloggers 2009 – nationwide list
- 2009 – Speaker at Santa Clara University’s MBA program career seminar day, discussing careers in real estate
- 2010 – Panelist at Silicon Valley Association of Realtors (SILVAR) Los Gatos – Saratoga meeting – Panel of Top Producers (one of 4, my area of expertise being web marketing, social media)
- 2011 – Panelist at the Silicon Valley Association of Realtors (SILVAR) Los Altos – Mountain View breakfast meeting – two of us presented on blogging and social media.
- 2011 – Panelist at the California Association of Realtors EXPO in San Jose in September 2011 (topic: blogging)
- 2012 – Panelist at the Silicon Valley Association of Realtors (SILVAR) Los Gatos – Saratoga breakfast meeting – 3 of us discussing business plans (value of, how to, different approaches)
- 2012 – Speaker / trainer at the Central Oregon Association of Realtors conference “Get Wired N” in Bend OR Oct 13, 2012. Topics include blogging and best business practices (“Cherry Picking Your Clients”)
- 2013 – September – spoke at the Meetup group, San Jose Social Media, on the topic of blogging for business. (Read the description & reviews of my presentation here: http://www.meetup.com/San-Jose-Social-Media/events/130159602/ )
- 2014 – invited to speak at Get Wired ‘N for the Buffalo Niagara Association of Realtors on Twitter and blogging – flew out, but an untimely blizzard caused the event to be cancelled! Later shared the information with my company, Sereno Group.
- 2015 – spoke at a Women’s Council of Realtors event at Santana Row, “Tech Talks”
- 2018 – interviewed for Cindy Lin’s Staged4More podcast on real estate, staging, and sales.